The most highly regarded cork stopper, a top-of-the-range product for the best wines. Ideal closure for Icon and Premium wines, which may need to age in the bottle, even though it can be used in all types of wines. The Natural Cork stopper satisfies the expectations of the world’s leading winemakers and the most sophisticated wine lovers.
… it ensures optimum sealing and plays a decisive role in the proper evolution of wines…
This 100% natural product is extracted from a single cork strip and perfected using cutting-edge technology. It ensures optimum sealing and plays a decisive role in the proper evolution of wines, thus allowing a perfect ageing process.
|Physical-Mechanical||Length||L ± 1.0 mm|
|Diameter||d ± 0,5 mm|
|Ovalisation||≤ 7 mm|
|Moisture||4% - 8%|
|Extraction force||20 - 40 daN|
|Physical-Chemical||Peroxide content||≤ 0.1 mg/stopper|
|Dust content||≤ 3mg/stopper|
|Visual||Visual Grade (1)||Reference ≥ 5%|
|OTR (Oxygen Transfer Rate)||12 months||2,5 mg/stopper|
|24 months||2,6 mg/stopper|
|48 months||2,7 mg/stopper|
|36 months||2,7 mg/stopper|
|60 months||2,8 mg/stopper|
(1) Deviation with regard to reference sample.
Stopper sampling methods as per ISO 2859 standard - Cork Products.
Selection and Storage of Cork Stoppers
- Amorim can calculate the required cork diameter by studying the internal profile of the bottleneck, the characteristics of the wine and the corking conditions.
- Order your cork stoppers for immediate use. These cork stoppers should be used within six months of the date of manufacture if the storage conditions are respected.
- Store the cork stoppers in their original packages, in a well-ventilated room with controlled temperature between 15oC and 25oC and 50% to 70% humidity.
- Do not leave boxes and/or bags open with surplus cork stoppers.
- Ensure any dust its removed before corking.
- Ensure the cork is compressed smoothly, to a diameter no less than 15,5 mm.
- Ensure insertion of the cork is a quick as possible.
- For standard bottlenecks, the cork should be inserted to 1 mm below the top of the neck.
- Minimise moisture on the inside of the bottleneck. Headspace should be at least 15 mm at 20oC.
- Don’t leave the cork stoppers in the feeder as to avoid dust.
- Always use stoppers with a surface treatment suitable for the type of beverage, bottling process and selected bottle.
- A vacuum must be created in order to prevent internal pressures.
- Maintain the corker jaws free of nicks and signs of wear.
- Ensure proper alignment of plunger and location ring.
- Ensure corking machine operates smoothly, especially during compression.
- Clean all cork-handling surfaces regularly with chlorine-free products.
- Ensure the equipment is suited to the cork and bottle used.
Storage and Transport of Wine
- After bottling., the bottles should be kept in an upright position for at least 10 minutes.
- Ideal bottle storage conditions are 12o-18oC at 50-70% humidity.
- Keep the wine cellar free of insects.
- Bottles should be transported in an upright position.
- The product must not be stored in a location exposed to sunlight, heated environment and in direct contact with the ground.
All Amorim & Irmãos, S.A. products comply with existing regulations and legislation (European and FDA — Food and Drug Administration) for products in contact with food.