This innovative coated technical cork features all preventive and corrective anti-TCA measures, including the internationally renowned ROSA® System.
... an unrivalled solution in terms of price and sensorial and technical performance…
Created in order to become a staple for high-rotation wine closures, Advantec® now stands as an unrivalled solution in terms of price and sensorial and technical performance.
|Physical-Mechanical||Length||L ± 1.0 mm|
|Diameter||d ± 0.4 mm|
|Ovalisation||≤ 0.3 mm|
|Moisture||4% - 9%|
|Specific weight||250 - 330 kg/m3|
|Extraction force||20 - 40 daN|
|Physical-Chemical||Peroxide content||≤ 0.1 mg/stopper|
|Dust content||≤ 3mg/stopper|
|OTR (Oxygen Transfer Rate)||12 months||1.6 mg/stopper|
- 44 x 23 mm
- 38 x 23 mm
Selection and Storage of Cork Stoppers
- Amorim can calculate the required cork diameter by studying the internal profile of the bottleneck, the characteristics of the wine and the corking conditions.
- Order your cork stoppers for immediate use. These cork stoppers should be used within six months of the date of manufacture if the storage conditions are respected.
- Store the cork stoppers in their original packages, in a well-ventilated room with controlled temperature between 15oC and 25oC and 50% to 70% humidity.
- Do not leave boxes and/or bags open with surplus cork stoppers.
- Ensure any dust its removed before corking.
- Ensure the cork is compressed smoothly, to a diameter no less than 15,5 mm.
- Ensure insertion of the cork is a quick as possible.
- For standard bottlenecks, the cork should be inserted to 1 mm below the top of the neck.
- Minimise moisture on the inside of the bottleneck. Headspace should be at least 15 mm at 20oC.
- Don’t leave the cork stoppers in the feeder as to avoid dust.
- Always use stoppers with a surface treatment suitable for the type of beverage, bottling process and selected bottle.
- A vacuum must be created in order to prevent internal pressures.
- Maintain the corker jaws free of nicks and signs of wear.
- Ensure proper alignment of plunger and location ring.
- Ensure corking machine operates smoothly, especially during compression.
- Clean all cork-handling surfaces regularly with chlorine-free products.
- Ensure the equipment is suited to the cork and bottle used.
Storage and Transport of Wine
- After bottling., the bottles should be kept in an upright position for at least 10 minutes.
- Ideal bottle storage conditions are 12o-18oC at 50-70% humidity.
- Keep the wine cellar free of insects.
- Bottles should be transported in an upright position.
- The product must not be stored in a location exposed to sunlight, heated environment and in direct contact with the ground.
All Amorim & Irmãos, S.A. products comply with existing regulations and legislation (European and FDA — Food and Drug Administration) for products in contact with food.